rpmbuild adds weird dependencies to my rpm

Michael Thon mrthon at verizon.net
Sun Dec 5 12:30:53 UTC 2004

Greetings -

rpmbuild seems to be adding a bunch of dependencies to the perl modules that I
am trying to package.  I think it might be finding references to perl modules
within the documentation.  There might also be some calls to perl modules not
included with the package although make and make test run fine, and the
modules work ok too.  I want to rpmbuild to ignore all references to these
non-existent/deprecated/moved modules.  Is there a macro I can use in the
spec file to do this?  All my googleing and browsing through www.rpm.org has
turned up nothing so far.

cheers
Mike