FC3 selinux effects noticed

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 03:34:13 UTC 2004

Jude DaShiell wrote:
> Two notes on selinux and I have more investigation to do on these.
> 1)  mysql breaks very badly on boot up when an attempt is made to start
> it up by the system.
> 2)  The cd burner has changed from hl-dt st to adaptec non cccs fake all
>    of this with selinux enabled.  I don't know if the cd burner will
>    actually burn a disk or not in this state let alone burn it accurately.
>    I'll find out a little later.  I'm using the test FC3 speakup and that
>    replaced FC2 when system was last installed on this machine.

I noticed that my soundcard was redected as another model from FC2 to
FC3. I had trouble using the sound with selinux set active. If I changed
mode to permissive and rebooted, the sound would work.

A question about the speakup kernel for FC3, is it SELinux capable? All
I seem to remember about speakup is that it was once included in RHL (8
I believe).

Not much help, I know. I hope others have better suggestions.

Jim

--
When speculation has done its worst, two plus two still equals four.
		-- S. Johnson