Wireless. if wireless card not detected or listed?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 21:35:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 16:25, Ernie McCracken wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:12:13PM -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> > Just wondering but, does ndiswrapper allow you to use tools like kismet
> > and ettercap?
>
> Can't speak for ettercap, but here's what the kismet FAQ says:
>

> Q: Will Kismet work with Linuxant or NDISwrapper drivers?
>
> A: No.  These wrappers use the Windows drivers, which don't support
> rfmon.  Until there are native drivers with rfmon support, Kismet won't
> work with these cards.
>
> http://www.kismetwireless.net/documentation.shtml

Thanks (both of you) for the info.  I'm using the prism54 drivers which
seem to work quite well with kismet and ettercap.  Had wondered about
the ndiswrapper working since I have a linksys card (in addition to the
DWL-G650 that I am currently using) that I suspect would have to have
ndiswrapper to work with it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third one works.