Core 3, SCSI, SATA and installing

thom at customnetworks.ca thom at customnetworks.ca
Mon Dec 6 21:53:07 UTC 2004

> The strategy was to to a fresh install of Core 3, and to twiddle the
> partitioning to achieve the new setup. So, booting up the Core 3 dvd I
> go into DiskDruid and, volia!, the SCSI disks are sda and sdb, my boot
> disk is now sdc. Panic!

BIOS setting. Something to the effect of hard drive priority. You
basically want the onboard SATA drives to trump the add-in SCSI card. Look
for something in the BIOS about boot priority I think. It's so hard to
guess though, without knowing what one you have.

> Q: Is there any way to accomplish what I set out to do?
>
> Thanks, especially if you read this far.

In this case, if it was me, and I know it's not what you want to hear, but
I'd just start clean. Create your NTFS partition large enough to hold all
your stuff you want on there, instead of having two, and then get that
working and then install FC3 with your SCSI drives hooked up. But then I
enjoy loading my system 4 times a year. Not everyone does. I like how
snappy it runs. Windows seems to die out after a few months. Even just for
gaming. *shrug*

-=/>Thom