Experience with ATRPMS repository?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Dec 7 16:41:08 UTC 2004

Mark Haney wrote:

> Actually, it wasn't in k3b-mp3.  There was a problem with id3tag or some
> other library.  Honestly I simply don't remember which one it was, it
> was late last night and I was dead tired.  I do know I had to blow it
> away and install a patched library file as this library kept k3b from
> seeing the mp3 plugin.  I know this isn't a lot of info, but I simply
> don't remember which one it was that I needed to deal with.

Same issue with me.

I spent hours removing *.at rpm's that had me involved in dependency
loops.  I had documented some of it but got frustrated and tired of
the whole process that I just gave up trying to track what depended on
what.  It was a mess.  I finally got things working and my notes were
such a mess that I didn't have anything to submit as a bug but my
complaints about the mess.  It is hard to submit bugs when there are
so many packages that have to be removed and replaced.

My feelings are, when I have to remove multiple packages due to
dependency headaches to install one package from another distro, then
there is a problem.

In general.  When atrpms works as well as Dag or freshrpms, I will
consider it again.

--
Robin Laing