[OT] anyone with domain hosting recommendations?

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Dec 7 19:50:53 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 02:45:05PM -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> And they give you 70GB transfer/month for $5.95?  Yowsers.  Makes me
> want to move my site off my home DSL connection.  *grin*

That's why I'll be moving from my home cable-modem solution to their
servers.  At $6/month, or $216 for 3 years, I can't buy and maintain a
server for that.  Even RH Pro Workstation will cost more than that
alone.

Don't forget they do all your backups for you too...

The only downside I've seen is that you only get 1GB of total storage.
However, if what you're mostly doing is e-mail (via imap say), then 1GB
is lots.  It won't be your mp3 server though...  Properly formatted
(for web display) photographs will be fine - just don't put 5mp images
up.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA