Fedora Update RPMs

Browder, Tom Tom.Browder at fwb.srs.com
Wed Dec 8 20:15:05 UTC 2004

I asked recently on this list if the standard directory holding the
binary update rpms at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/
could have a new standard subdirectory name, say 'older', so that when a
new package is added, its previous version, if any, is moved to the
'older' directory.

The reply I got was that that wasn't necessary because you can do [snip]
with yum.

I still believe the suggestion is s good one.  It would certainly make
it easier to see what's current and it would probably reduce traffic due
to reducing copy errors from people like me who do this stuff manually.

Thanks.

Tom Browder