Fedora Update RPMs

Browder, Tom Tom.Browder at fwb.srs.com
Wed Dec 8 21:00:58 UTC 2004

And I've been irritated by the system for years.  I don't understand the
reluctance to unclutter a directory that is so important and widely
used.

> I'm not sure why you're doing it manually, in any case. There
> are much easier ways, like yum or up2date.

Yum is relatively new and has caused me problems in the past.  And I
usually don't want wholesale updates, I just like to peruse and decide
when I see what's new.

But other archives have the same problem as far as I'm concerned:

1.  GNU's free software directory.

Some years ago I convinced someone there to move older versons and they
said they were working on it.  So far I've seen no change.

2.  Perl's CPAN

Am I the only one in the world with this complaint?

Thanks.

Tom Browder