math and fedora

Summer Brooks brooksj at wildhorse.com
Thu Dec 9 15:30:56 UTC 2004

I work at a university, and have been installing Matlab on Linux
machines for the engineering graduate and research labs for about
3 years now.

It ran without complaint under RH 7.3, 8, 9, and RHEL 3, and with
some minor complaints under FC1.  Haven't yet tried it with FC3,
but we'll be doing some upgrades over winter break, so if anything's
broken, I can report back then.

Other tools in use work with RHEL 3 only, so we adjust accordingly,
although eventually all of the lab machines may end up being RHEL 3
instead of FC, and the student workstations may run FC.

Summer