Loss of Video: where do I set resolution?

Andoni andonilist at eurokom.ie
Thu Dec 9 19:06:42 UTC 2004

Hello,

It is as though something is trying to book in graphical mode but the
resolution is up too high for my card.

Where would I find that?

TIA,
Andoni.

Background info:

I have just installed FC3 on my system. Even though I installed the GNOME
option it did not bring me to a desktop at all. I don't know if it should.
Anyway, then I removed sendmail from the startup procedure using:

chkconfig sendmail off

Then I rebooted to see what effect this would have an now I have lost video
altogether! It gets to the navy screen saying "booting Fedora 2.6.xxx in
3,2, 1" then the screen goes blank!

I have changed the video card and no joy. I know it's working because I can
login by typing (though I can't see it come up) root,password,halt. And the
system goes down and I can hear the HDD stop.

Now I have found that if, when I get the "Fedora" navy screen I go into the
'c' option I can type commands and when I escape out of this I can get to
the login prompt in text mode.