Fedora Core 2 and up2date

J. Michael Morse mmorse757 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:17:53 UTC 2004

Fedora Core 2
-----000--------

To make a long story short - I botched part of my
system by removing slang.  Now, I can no longer
access the Add/Remove packages (nor anything
else that needed slang) from my menu.  Actually,
I can access it - it asks me for a password and I
enter root's password but then the windows just
closes.

I reinstalled slang and then up2date from an rpm but
now I only have access to the command line.  I have
the original FC2 cd but it doesn't seem to be of much
help unless I want to do a complete reinstall.

When I googled for 'fedora core 2 up2date' I got the
link below:

http://www.redhat.com/advice/tips/up2date.html

but again, this is only a command line version.
Where can I get the GUI for it?

Michael