Secure POP3 Server conf.

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 9 19:27:14 UTC 2004

Hm, seems hard for you to find good information using google.

http://www.credentia.cc/certs/howto/dovecot.html
http://www.credentia.cc/certs/howto/obtain.html

> Create mail box users on the POP3 host.

man useradd

> To send email to any mail box user, login the POP3 host and use the mail
> command/utility

By default Sendmail should be already installed and running locally.

> Two linux box for mail box users to login to the X-Window and pick up email
> from the mail box server using secure POP3 protico.. (No need to set
> outgoing mail)

Don't understand that. 2 other Linux hosts shall be able to retrieve
mail from the POP3s server? Then simply set the server up.

> I need your professional help to implement such task.
> I'm using Fedora Core2.

> Jack

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:21:13 up 3 days, 19:43, load average: 0.69, 0.35, 0.43