Postgre SQL TCP/IP access FC2?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 04:14:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 23:10, Eric Scott wrote:
> Yo;  I'm trying to learn database access in C# on my FC2 box, but when I
> compile my code it get's "connection refused" from my postgresql
> installation (Set up with Webmin).  I googled and found that peeps tend
> to have this problem with the Npgsql C# class because Npqsql can't
> access PostGreSQL through Unix sockets, only TCP/IP.
>
> Anyway, how do I enable TCP/IP connection in PostGreSQL?  All the
> howto's I found didn't seem to apply to my Fedora 2 system, as
> /etc/postgresql.conf doesn't exist (Yes, PostGreSQL IS installed and
> activated, or at least Webmin thinks so.)
>            Thanx,
>                ES

You need to change the options in the /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
and /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf files.

You will need to restart postgresql after making the changes to permit
tcp/ip connections to your database.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Hey, waiter!  I want a NEW SHIRT and a PONY TAIL with lemon sauce!