FC3

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Fri Dec 10 11:22:29 UTC 2004

On Friday 10 December 2004 13:05, Igor Sutton Lopes wrote:

> I think you all are having troubles with FC3 seems to be you don't have
> the localhost.localdomain entry in /etc/hosts. Most X programs (GNOME
> and KDE) need to resolve localhost to work properly.
>
> Igor.

Thats it thanks!
I would not have thought to look there, it never seemed like it was a network
related pause. the apps were actually taking long to open almost as if there
was very little ram installed and the swap file was working overtime.

But none the less it has done the trick,
Thanks again

--
Chadley Wilson
Redhat Certified Technician