Thread name: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH was : ATTN SELF-STYLED LIST POLICE (was RE: Mr. Day)

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 16:59:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:18:39 -0500, Marvin Dickens <mpdickens at tlanta.com> wrote:
> The subject matter of this thread has been looked at
> from every imaginable angle there is: Good, bad,
> indifferent, ugly, flamed - you name it. At this point
> it's electronic road kill.
>
> In the last 7 days, there has not been one new,
> original thought posted to this thread.

Let me tell you what I do. I filter list messages into their own
folder, and view them in threads (view--sort by--threaded in newish
versions of Thunderbird, for example). That way it's a lot easier to
find subjects that interest you, and to ignore subjects that annoy
you. Being able to truly ignore annoying messages is very satisfying.

Now that I'm using gmail for list mail, everything is automatically
sorted into "conversations," which is inferior to real threading, but
adequate. Let me know if you want a gmail "invitation" and I'll send
you one. Ditto for anyone else (up to my limit of 6!).

--Matt