Configure grub

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Dec 11 14:55:45 UTC 2004

Giovanni Alzetta wrote:
> Hello. I'll install fedora 3 on a computer of one my friend. He have mandrake
> and windows, how I can configure grub to boot or fedora or mandrake or
> windows?
> Or can I just make a boot on a floppy for fedora?
> Bye bye

Use the advanced options selection during the Fedora installation and
install Fedora grub into whatever partition is you boot partition for
Fedora. Then after you install Fedora in /dev/hdb1 (for example), you
will need to add a stanza into the Mandrake grub file to chainload the
newly created Fedora installation. The parameters for the stanza should
be similar to the information entered for the mswindows installation.
(chainloader +1). The only real difference should be changing the
information to reflect your Fedora boot partition. The Fedora grub
installation should take over after selecting the chainloaded grub
selection from the Mandrake boot loader.

Jim