Nautilus CD Burning Woes

Terry Linhardt linhardt at swbell.net
Sat Dec 11 18:11:57 UTC 2004

Steve Fink wrote:

>Steve,
>
>Thanks for the response.
>
>I currently have SELinux disabled.
>
>Best,
>
>Steve F.
>

>On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 10:28 -0600, Steve Bergman wrote:
>

>>I had a problem burning CD's after I installed FC3.  I can't remember
>>the exact symptoms, but unchecking "enforcing" in the System Security
>>Level Selinux configuration "fixed" it for me.
>>
>>-Steve Bergman

Steve,
Is this to say that SELinux is disabled and you still experience the
problem? I infer that it has been disabled all along. Is that correct?

Also, I will state that I had a similar problem with DVD burns.
Sometimes they would burn, sometimes not. (Like you, I was using
Nautilus) Sometimes it would take several "retries". As it worked out, I
was almost out and had to buy a new supply of DVDs. Different brand. I
NEVER had the problem again with the different brand. Go figure.

Terry