Terminal services alternatives

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 14:53:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:19:29 -0500 (EST), Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
> I would like to be able to have a server somewhere connected to the internet via
> a T1. Clients would be connected to the internet via some type of broadband
> connection (no dialup). The clients ideally would be something along the lines
> of a winterm or thinstar. I know this type of thing is easially done with
> windoze terminal services, or windoze termianl services and citirx depending
> on exactly what you need, but is there a linux equivelent?

If you're looking for a real thin-client solution, the Sun
Microsystems SunRay client is quite nice.  I'm not entirely sure if it
would work over a WAN, but I think in the latest version it may be
able to.  The SunRay server software runs on Linux.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves