editing fstab file ??

spamse spamse at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 18:07:11 UTC 2004

> If you want it mounted at system boot time, I can think of two reasons
> right away why it won't happen. Except for the root partition,
> partitions are mounted in the order in which they appear in fstab. So
> for instance, if /home is a separate partition and it gets mounted after
> your fat32 partition gets mounted, it won't work. Also, any partition
> specified with option "noauto" will not get mounted during boot. Using
> the "defaults" option does imply "auto".

/home is on the boot partition, command is specified auto, so this
should not be the problem.

> If it's none of the above, have you tried looking
> through /var/log/messages to see if any errors are showing up during
> mounting partitions?

I tracked down messages for mount commands for the CDRW and floppy,
which are on subsequent lines of the fstab, but it appears that my
mount command is not getting executed. I will investigate this
further.

> By the way, while this is related to the original question, I noticed
> that you essentially hijacked an existing thread to ask a different
> question.

Oh, okay sorry, I hadn't clocked that this was bad etiquette.