Sound Conflict Web Site

Norman Nunn npnunn at verizon.net
Sun Dec 12 19:24:36 UTC 2004

I had been having random success in an effort to play mp3's and cd's
with FC3.  I had searched the recent mail list with no luck.  Volume
control settings that worked one day, did not the next.  This morning I
noticed that when Firefox was not running, that mp3's played fine in
xmms but when Firefox was loaded with web sites, mp3's did not play and
the sound card warning window appeared.  This did not happen on just any
web site but only for Yahoo sites I checked; the Gnome home page and
Fedora home pages were not a problem.  I disabled all the plugins, but
that did not solve the problem.  Any ideas on this setup issue?

Thanks
Norm