.xinitrc equiv FC2?

Eric Scott scottclansman at cwazy.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 00:02:50 UTC 2004

Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On 12/12/2004 11:24:35 AM, Eric Scott wrote:
>
>> Yo; Got FC2 here, and am not familiar with xorg.  What's the
>> equivelent of my .xinitrc file?  {Wanna start xdesktop waves on
>> loging ;-)  }
>>      Cheerio,
>>           ES
>

> If you are using Gnome -
>
> you can add startup programs at (FC3) Preferences -> More Preferences -
>
>> Sessions
>

> -=-
>
> Creating a .xinitrc file will also work, but you have to then use
> that  to start your desktop as well.

Well apparently that 'sessions' config app is new in FC3, I'm on FC2 and
it's not there.  It may just not be installed.  Do you know the specific
app name?  I could try yum.  Making a whole new .xinitrc isn't something
I know how to do... but if you've got a link to a working sample I might
be able to get it running from there.
          Cheerio,
             ES