Replace kernel with newer rpm on install?

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 03:05:49 UTC 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:21:47 -0500, J. Epperson <epperson at alumni.unc.edu> wrote:
> FC3 has a bug that keeps my megaraid driver from getting built, so I
> need to be able to patch in a rawhide FC4 test kernel, which is supposed
> to have the problem fixed.  Can I just run an install and tell it this
> is an additional package I want installed, after burning it to a CD?

If you havent got fedora installed then you can go ahead and install
it. get the kernel rpm from fc rawhide and install it. try booting
into it to see if it works.

Make sure that the bug in megaraid is known and confirm whether they
intend to release a update for fc3 itself

check this directory first

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/

--
Regards,