USB mouse problems

Mark Haney markh at uptimecomputer.net
Mon Dec 13 13:03:35 UTC 2004

Okay this isn't  really a problem, more an annoyance.  If I leave my
machine (FC3) idle for a couple hours, my USB mouse stops working and I
get this error in the logs :

usb 1-1: device not accepting address 3, error -71...:  1 Time(s)

Granted this is a MS mouse and maybe it knows it's not connected to
Windows, but I've never had this problem with any USB mice before.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Mark Haney
markh at uptimecomputer.net
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) Kernel: 2.6.9-1.681_FC3 GNU/Linux
08:01:46 up 6 min, 1 user, load average: 1.87, 1.34, 0.61