where is usbcore.o in fc3?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 13:07:01 UTC 2004

kockkin ko wrote:
> Can I clarify that there is no usbcore.o in kernel 2.6, and that
> module was only loaded in 2.4?  That was what I supspected as I did
> not finf it in fc2 neither.
>
> What is the equivalent module of usbcore.o in kernel 2.6?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but I doubt it will work. To
clarify what Alexander wrote, drivers for the 2.4 kernel will not work
on a 2.6-based system.

If you're installing a source based module, it needs to be rewritten for
2.6 (and then compiled on your system). If you're using a binary-only
module, you'll need it to be compiled for the kernel options you're
using. This basically means that you need one intended for FC3.

You mentioned the spca51x webcam driver. Google hasn't heard of this:
was it a misprint?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | 'In a serial interface, the data bits move down a
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | single channel one after the other, like railway