kmail + gpg (pgp/mime)

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 13 23:05:46 UTC 2004

Mail Lists wrote:

>    FC3 fully updated - kmail:
>
>    I am unable to successfully communicate using gpg encryption
>    (pgp/mime, not old inline) - mail went out but receiver was unable
>    to decrypt - similarly when receiving encryped mail a window
>    popped up asking for password but was unable to read the mail.
>
>    Switching back to evolution all worked fine.
>
>    Anyone know if this this work out of the box - or do we need
>    build additional stuff as suggested :
>
>      http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
>
>    Thanks for any help.

Have you read http://lwn.net/Articles/93640/ : "The Grumpy Editor,
graphical mail clients, and GPG"?

It says that KMail by default only understands inline GPG, whereas
Evolution only understands MIME format. So if your recipient uses
Evolution...

Having said that, I don't use KMail, so the situation might have
changed.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | Remember, half-measures can be very effective if
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | all you deal with are half-wits.