High Memory Usage

Beri, Rohit linuxlist at beris.net
Wed Dec 15 10:44:42 UTC 2004

Guys:

I have had FC3 running on Dell Latitue 840 for about 3 weeks now. around
3 days back I realized machine being a little slow and noticed that out
of 1gb of RAM, at all times the system is using 920+MB of physical ram.
Now based on my windows knowledge its not normal... windows right after
login, with no apps running takes around 180mb... while FC3 runs at
900+mb right after login.

to release some memory i went to service and shut down most of them,
like the ssh, ftp, httpd and a few others, but still when I restart the
memory usage is same 900+mb... any thoughts as to it being normal or
something i need to watch ...

Thanks,

-B