bittorrent powered UP2DATE

scootgirl.com zolkat79 at dslextreme.com
Thu Dec 16 03:04:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

while trying to update using the gui up2date tool I got this error:

"Error while retrieving package kdebase-3.3.1-4.3.FC3.
The message was:

An HTTP error occurred:
Status Code: 404
Error Message: Not Found"

Which makes me think about how kewl this update system with notification is.
However, I think about how this might dry out with all the bandwidth of
people using this tool or it turning subscription.

If it were possible, I'd be OK with getting updates via bittorrent, and like
keeping that connection open for a while after each d/l.

Is this currently possible now? Should it be implemented if not?

Thanks for reading this.

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/