installation of fedora

JonVO jonvo at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 03:15:24 UTC 2004

Juan Shen wrote:

>Many commertial software under Windows XP, Nero or alcohol 120% and so on
>Some offer evaluation.
>
>kathy pu wrote:
>

>>Hi Everyone:
>>
>>I just recently joined the fedora group. I downloaded the 4 ISO images
>>files for CD installations. But it is on my windows XP machines. I
>>wonder how I can burn the image file on my XP machine to the CD, so I
>>can then use them to boot and install on my linux machine. I know it
>>is better to download it to a machine that already running Linux. But,
>>the download is painful,
>>and I really don't want to go through that again.
>>
>>I hope that somebody can help me.
>>

>>kathy Pu
>>Software Development
>>(650) 302-8627 cell

If you have an image file each one should be an *.iso file, roughly
650MB large on your local computer. You need a CD burner such as Nero,
then simply burn the image file onto a CD. Make sure the CD burner
"termintates" the burn process properly, no further writes possible. Use
ISO settings ISO level 2, ISO9660, mode 1, should work. You will then
have 4 installation CD's
JonVO