USB modems that work with Fedora

John Reiser jreiser at BitWagon.com
Thu Dec 16 15:26:44 UTC 2004

Rick Lim wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone have USB modems (must have caller id) that will work with
> Fedora, I realize that they are probably Winmodems and will require driver,
> so what driver did you use.

Zoom Faxmodem 56K USB, Model 2986L (FCC reg.num. BDNUSA-27386-M5-E)
works for me: automatically detected and configured by kudzu,
kernel module cdc_acm loaded automatically.  The device name is
/dev/ttyACM0 [not /dev/input/ttyACM0] (character major=166 minor=0),
and filesystem permissions may need adjustment via hotplug pam-console
or manually.