[FC3] first boot configuration

Justin Crabtree crabtrej at otc.edu
Thu Dec 16 15:52:15 UTC 2004

I installed FC3 on my workstation at home last night and I ran into a
small problem with the first boot configuration part.  The first time I
booted, I pressed Alt+D for the details screen so I could make sure
everything was going okay.  Then it switched to a empty grey screen and
just sat there for several minutes.  I rebooted thinking something was
wrong, and didn't switch to details view.  Since I was paying attention,
I saw the little notice about performing first boot configuration so I
let it sit there for awhile, several minutes, until it was done.  My
question, is this normal?  The only indication I got that anything was
going on was a small message on the booting screen.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer