How to remove gthumb?

Andrew Choens achoens at frontiernet.net
Fri Dec 17 05:58:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 13:19 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I found that the gthumb is failed to remove in add/remove package gui
> and shown it is required by gnome-volume-manager. And my system is new
> installed due to some occuption.
>
> Do any one how to fix that ?
>

> Ringo

You could remove it with the --no-deps option, but I REALLY don't
recommend it.  Currently, your system isn't corrupted.  It will be if
you do this.

If you just don't want to see the icon for it, go
to /usr/share/applications and remove gthumb.desktop

You will need to do this as root.

Out of curiousity, why do you want to remove gthumb so badly?  What are
you using in it's place?

--andy