Fedora "auto logging-out" after updates?

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Sat Dec 18 16:07:04 UTC 2004

Nifty Hat Mitch wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:34:51PM -0600, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>

>>Ed Wilts wrote:

>>>First, check to see if your entire system crashed and restarted.  Go to
>>>a shell and enter:
>>>$ who -b
>>>This will tell you the time of last boot.
>>>
>>>You can tell when X last started as follows:
>>>[ewilts at pe400 log]$ grep Time: /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>>>/var/log/Xorg.0.log:(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Dec 15
>>>06:34:11 2004
>>>

>>Thanks. I'll wait for it to happen again, then I'll post the results.
>>

>Since I do not know anything about the original poster I might comment
>that for a novice the reauthentication screen of xlock can look like a
>login screen.   It is good to review the screen saver optons for
>the "lock Screen After value" if we are in doubt.
>
>Here is a one line command should tell us if the screensaver
>is doing what we expect.
>
>    egrep "^mode|^lock|^dpmsEnabled" $HOME/.xscreensaver

Thanks.  I tried this line but:
 >egrep "^mode|^lock|^dpmsEnabled" $HOME/.xscreensaver
  egrep: /home/seabra/.xscreensaver: No such file or directory

Anyway, the problem only happened twice right after I updated the system
After that it didn't happen again. Just bacause now I want it to.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University