inatalling fedora on a second drive

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Sat Dec 18 20:27:25 UTC 2004

Maria Arboleda wrote:
> I installed fedora on a second drive in this way:
>
> hdb1/ boot
> hdb4 /
> hdb3 swap
>
> I installed the dual boot system, but now when it comes up I get 2
> to windows..
>
> I need windows... how can I delete this installation and get to windows
> on my hda?? or how can I get windows running? I tried a boot disk, but
> it did not work
>
> HELP!!!!!
>
> Maria

You may have run into the FC2 and Windows dual-boot issue.
See here for detailed help:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

If you want to just have Windows only again, boot with the
Windows CD and go into rescue mode and run

fdisk /mbr

which will rewrite your MBR so that only Windows will boot.

--Kenny