yum update problem

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Dec 18 23:18:22 UTC 2004

Satish Balay wrote:

>> I'm sure you are correct in your diagnosis -
>> I have inadvertently installed an inappropriate version of python -
>> but what can I do about it?
>
> I guess you really want to use rawhide.. You can try installing yum
> from rawhide - and see if it works. A workarround is to use ftp://
> urls instead of http:// urls.

Thanks for your response.

I certainly don't _want_ to use rawhide.
I regard that as crocodile-infested waters,
which I have inadvertently entered.
You are suggesting I will be OK
if I venture further into the swamp.

I'll try using ftp:// URLs first ...

[Actually, I seem to remember someone else had this problem,
and a small correction to the python code was suggested?]

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366