Failed yum update -- WAS ( SLOW network on FC3 )

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Dec 19 06:59:39 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 12:15 -0500, Craig J Wright wrote:
> When I used yum to update the kernel (to kernel-2.6.9-1.681_FC3.i686).
> It failed with the following message:
>       /sbin/mkinitrd: line 776: /tmp/initrd.img.V21453: cannot
> overwrite existing file mkinitrd failed
>
> This new kernel is not listed in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file either.
> What do I do to fix this so the new kernel will be usable?
> --Craig

1.  Please do not post HTML to the list

2.  Please do not top post.

3.  Please do not hijack a thread.  Your question had no relation to the
subject line or to this thread. Please post a new message with a
relevant subject line when you need assistance.

Now for the answer:  Delete the file that was a conflict, then do a "yum
update kernel" and when it finishes all should be well.