FC3 network issues

Alex White prata at kuei-jin.org
Sun Dec 19 15:52:38 UTC 2004

JonVO wrote:
>>> HTH,
>>> Yes, I've attempted command line ftp and http  updates as well. REAL
>>> slow to the point of unusable. Tests of data transfer within my LAN
>>> indicate the problem is WAN traffic.
>>

>> did you read fedorafaq about ipv6
>>

> No, went to fedorafaq but could not find anything on ipv6?
> JonVO

Well, that's very very odd (obviously). Have you disabled ipv6
and attempted to restart the networking to see if that functions
for you better? Although everyone has some different experiences
with that it would seem, I have ipv6 enabled and haven't had any
real issues with slow transfers.

This could be a routing problem maybe. Have you checked the
routing on this one particular box and the router you're using?
I've had similar issues when I forget to setup the forwarding of
  a particular box (when I don't forward the whole subnet so on
and so forth).

There are many many suggestions on how to turn off ipv6. In
short this is what others have done.

Add to /etc/modprobe.conf:
alias net-pf-10 off

You may want to also edit the device config file: ifcfg-eth0 to
something (suiting your purposes of course) like below:

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=DHCP
onBOOT=yes
DHCP_Hostname = Foo
USERCTL=no
PEERDNS=yes
IPV6INT=no
IPADDR=192.168.1.2
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.1.1
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Or maybe you've figured this out already?

HTH

--
Alex White
prata at kuei-jin.org
Fingerprint = 39E7 0191 EB59 FAEB 2A56 68EA 0153 501C 410F BB26
gpg key location: http://www.kuei-jin.org/GPG-KEY-PRATA
 From the withered tree, a flower blooms --Zen Proverb