Upgrade from RH9 to Fedora

M Daniel R M danes16subscrip3 at ya.com
Sun Dec 19 21:15:39 UTC 2004

> > Maybe a loaded question ... what is the best interactive update procedure
> > go from RH9 (Shrike) to Fedora Core 2 or 3?  Can I simply add apt or yum
> > and
> > do an 'all' update?
> >
> > Kirk
>
> Hi Kirk -
>
> Pretty much every time this type of question gets asked, the Fedora
> developers recommend using the installation media (i.e. CD or DVD or network
> source) and letting Anaconda run the upgrade.  However, I've heard several
> folks say that they were able to use yum to do it.  I've also heard a lot of
> horror stories about yum upgrades going wrong.

About one month ago I posed to the list about upgrading from FC1 to FC3
and I were told that it would be like a madness, so I made a CLEAN
INSTALL.. and didn't anything to regret then. It's worth and I also
recommend that way. Setting up your new FC3 will take you a couple of
days, but you would be free of inconsistencies.
You also can have a look at the archives of this list belonging to the
last November..

Cheers