yam verbosity

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Dec 20 13:27:45 UTC 2004

I use yam to keep a local fedora-update repository
by running "yam -u" as a nightly cron job (see below).
I can then run "yum update" on the machines on my home LAN.

All this works perfectly - thank you, Messrs yum and yam -
so what I am asking is really sugar on the plum-pudding.

I find the log entries for yam are a little sparse.
On the other hand, if I say "yam - v" they are excessively verbose.
It would be nice if there was a medium
which just recorded the rpm's which were downloaded.

,----[ /etc/cron.daily/yam.cron ]
`----

--
Timothy Murphy