General request .. Dismal performance of core 3 ..

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon Dec 20 19:58:11 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 14:26 -0500, Sundara Pandian wrote:
> I dont wish to start a flame war here about which distro is better , was posting
> my observations and suggestions.
> I did some accoona searches and found this article on anandtech
>
> http://anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2114&p=2

Yes, I saw that and read "Eventually, we anticipate adding more
operating systems to our mini-breakdown, perhaps including BSD
distributions and Mandrake, Gentoo . . . "

The first thing they should do is to learn the difference between an OS
and a distribution.

Given that the distributions use the same kernel (for the most part) and
the same open source applications, I have a feeling that they are all
astonishingly close in performance providing that they are configured
the same.

Perceived speed is probably the LAST criteria for distribution
selection.