Mono 1.0.5 on Fedora Core 3

Kevin Freeman kfreem02 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 20:28:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 11:56 -0800, Mark Eggers wrote:
> Better late than never, I guess.
>
> I've put together some basic instructions for building mono 1.0.5 from
> source.  For those people interested, the link is available here:
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/mdeggers/howto-mono-fedora.html
>
> Building the system is not all that difficult, just a little lengthy.
>
> The instructions give you a complete (as far as I can tell) build.  If
> you want to exclude packages such as graphics or internationalization,
> you're on your own.
>
> I hope this helps someone get started.
> -----
> /mde/
> just my two cents . . . .

I was able to install all of the FC2 binaries (version 1.1.3) on FC3
with the exception of monodevelop.  To do so I had to install the FC2
versions of gtkhtml3 and libgal2.

# rpm -ivh --oldpackage gtkhtml3-3.0.10-1.i386.rpm
libgal2-1.99.11-1.i386.rpm
# rpm -q gtkhtml3 libgal2
gtkhtml3-3.3.2-3
gtkhtml3-3.0.10-1
libgal2-2.2.3-3
libgal2-1.99.11-1

If you need monodevelop you will have to install the FC2 version of
gtksourceview (and also figure out all the dependencies) or recompile as
described above.

Kevin Freeman