Default Font

Mark Farmer farmorg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 15:18:43 UTC 2004

Hi List

I would like to know what the default font in redhat/fedora is, ie the
one used in terminals.
It is a very nice font to use and I want to use it on my Gentoo system
but don't seem to be able to get it right.  I know that it is
'monospace' but none of my monospace fonts on Gentoo look quite right.

Does the font have a more specific name?  Maybe 'monospace' is aliased somehow?

The fon't can be clearly seen here:
http://www.phpmp.com/photos/albums/fedora094/Screenshot_Gnome_terminal.png

While I know that RedHat/Fedora uses xfs, I dont really want to run it
on my box (to keep overheads down) and I should be able to use the
font without xfs?

Any help/pointers on this greatly appreciated,

TIA

--
Mark Farmer RHCT
Registered Linux User 353158