VMWare and FC3 issue ( was FC3 and VMWare)

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Tue Dec 21 22:06:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Don Dupy wrote:

> Yep. I got it.
> run those 2 commands and now everything is happy.
>
> Thanks so much for your help guys.
>
> what exactly does those 2 commands do?
>
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> > After you have run vmware-config.pl, do:
> >
> > # cp -rp /dev/vm* /etc/udev/devices

In FC3, the /dev directory is created dynamically from information in
/etc/udev/devices and hardware detection.  If you don't have copies of the
devices you need for VMware in this directory, they won't be preserved
across reboots.

> > # chkconfig vmware reset

The startup symlinks in /etc/rc.d are not created properly by
vmware-config.pl.  This command installs the correct symlinks.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu