FC3: Gxine frozen

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Dec 22 10:32:16 UTC 2004

Maciek R. ha scritto / wrote  il / on 22/12/2004 11:11:

>Sorry but, what player do you use to listen internet radio (and .pls
>files from shoutcast.com)? On windows there was Winamp and I have the
>'Music Player' on my FC3, but how can I listen to stations that are
>listed on shoutcast.com?
>
>On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 11:06 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
>

>>antonio montagnani ha scritto / wrote  il / on 22/12/2004 06:52:

>>>in my ./Gxine directory I have:
>>>config
>>>keybindings
>>>mediamarks
>>>playlist
>>>socket (with a strange icon, a socket!!!)
>>>
>>>Is it correct?? and this is when I fired my PC.
>>>

>>and when gxine freezes, if i force the window to close, also Firefox
>>dies.....
>>
>>--
>> Antonio
>>============================================================
>> Working with Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Linux Fedora Core 3
>>============================================================
>>   Utilizzo Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Linux Fedora Core 3
>>         Linux user number 362582

with Gxine, but it is not working any longer with latest Fedor updates
(see my posts).

Multimedia is always a pain, Windows is still light years ahead for the
standard user (You have Window Player for any file): and until effort on
this issue is seriously done, no real hope to repalce Windows on teh PC
of a general user, this is my opinion.
I am seriously planning to revert to a  Windows machine for multimedia.