Compiling and installing ...

Maciek R. m.mail at vp.pl
Wed Dec 22 10:55:18 UTC 2004

Hello out there,

I wanted to install gkrellm and tried the command 'make' which produced
lots of errors on compiling. Nevertheless I run 'make install' which
produced lots of errors also. Now I wonder if the software was installed
or not and I want to know how to find it out (well, it was much easier
on windows), I searched man pages for 'make' but found nothing. And
anyway how do you remove programs which were installes by 'make
install'. Do you use rpm -q <package name> to find out whether your
package was installed?
--
Maciek R. <m.mail at vp.pl>