refresh IP from dhcp isp

Lai Zit Seng lzs at pobox.com
Thu Dec 23 01:22:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

Basically when you down and up a DHCP configured interface, your system
will have to request lease from the DHCP server again. Usually the DHCP
server will give you back what you last had (or what you asked for) if the
IP is available. So it is not unusual that your IP does not change.

Or do you purposely want your IP address to change for some reason?

Regards,

.lzs
--
Lai Zit Seng