CD drive mounting troubles

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Thu Dec 23 16:12:58 UTC 2004

Rob Shinn wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 10:47 -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>>Rob Shinn wrote:

>>>My bad.  Looks like you've already updated.  What's your /etc/fstab look
>>>like?
>>
>>My fstab looks like this:
>

> Okay, so what happens when you open do this from an xterm:
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder?

the system says that only root can do that which would suggest a
permissions problem somewhere.

when I "su" to root the system mounts the drive and reports back the
following:

mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."