Core 2 Boot floppy images

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Dec 24 08:20:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 16:05, Baker, Brendon wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> I need to be able to boot on floppy images on some old hardware to to a
> http install of fedora core 2.
> There are no boot floppy images on the disks. Can you get them anywhere
> or is there some other way around this?
> There is no Cdrom in this box.

1. TFTP + PXE + NFS. (Since this is legacy, this might not be an
option??) What about trying to see if you can get a Boot ROM for your
NIC at etherboot.org??
2. Just remove the HD from Box1 to Box2 and copy the ISO images from
Box2 to Box1's HD. And Grub the HD to boot.

(Dang. I just installed FC3 this way and I forgot how I did it exactly
to grub it)

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz