[FC3] Weather applet missing: Solved

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Fri Dec 24 09:52:12 UTC 2004

    I don't know why, but for a while there, it appeared that "Weather
Applet" was missing.  And I wasn't the only one missing it.  A little
experimentation reveals that somehow 'gnome-applets' (2.8.something) was
missing.  Maybe it happened during the removal of the QT libraries which
bonked the Gnome installation.

    Considering it was a 'full' install, I was sure that I'd already
loaded it, but I got the spelling right and installed gnome-applets and
TADA!  a lot more applets are installed.

    So to those of you missing the weather lately, that's the fix.

    Curious, though....'fish' isn't part of the applets, it's part of
the panel.  I can see how the pilot applet would be optional, as other
software's needed to make it all work.  Just a little rough edge.

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller