Newbie

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Fri Dec 24 16:51:05 UTC 2004

Mehdi Bouhalassa wrote:
> I really like the Fedora environment though.
>
> There's something I don't get; why isn't there more documentation on the
> Redhat site?
>
> Also, Firefox preview is installed with the OS, but I upgraded to
> version 1.0.  Now, how can I make a shortcut to the program?

I know what you mean about the Fedora environment. I took really like
it, which is why I'm now using Fedora Core 3 and not Mandrake Linux.
There is still much about Mandrake that I like, and I'll likely get
around to reloading Mandrake along side my WinXP, and Fedora Core
installations. Mostly because some days I feel like Mandrake and some
days I feel like Fedora.

If you upgraded Firefox with yum then you shouldn't need to worry about
short cuts. On the other hand, of you installed a newer version of
Firefox via the tarball installer that you can download from the firefox
website then you would have to create new short cuts on your desktop or
in your main menu.

What desktop manager are you using? KDE or Gnome?

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."