Sendmail: Domain of sender address does not exist

Jeroen Lankheet jeroen.lankheet at hccnet.nl
Fri Dec 24 17:27:18 UTC 2004

Thanks for the response.

Here are the outputs...

[root at keet mail]# echo '/mx keet.lankheet.com.' | sendmail -bt -d8.8
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> getmxrr(keet.lankheet.com., droplocalhost=0)
getmxrr: res_search(keet.lankheet.com.) failed (errno=0, h_errno=4)
dns_getcanonname(keet.lankheet.com., trymx=0)
dns_getcanonname: trying keet.lankheet.com. (AAAA)
        YES
dns_getcanonname: trying keet.lankheet.com. (A)
        YES
dns_getcanonname: keet.lankheet.com
getmxrr(keet.lankheet.com.) returns 1 value(s):
        keet.lankheet.com.

[root at keet mail]# echo '/mx lankheet.com.' | sendmail -bt -d8.8
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
> getmxrr(lankheet.com., droplocalhost=0)
found localhost (lankheet.com) in MX list, pref=1
getmxrr(lankheet.com.) returns 1 value(s):
        lankheet.com.

I did a touch of /etc/submit.mc and /etc/sendmail.mc
[root at keet mail]# make -C /etc/mail
make: Entering directory `/etc/mail'
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make: Leaving directory `/etc/mail'